Try this almond chicken with mushroom recipe....a must try!
Mushroom Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Halved almonds
- 1 tablespoon Sherry
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breast - cubed
- 2 teaspoons White wine
- 1/2 Egg white
- 1/4 pound Chinese pea pods
- 2 Water chestnuts; sliced
- 1/4 cup Thinly sliced bamboo shoots
- 24 Fresh button mushrooms -OR- Canned button mushrooms
Fry almonds in oil until golden. Drain and set aside. Blend 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 teaspoon water. Add sherry, oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar. Mix and set aside. Mix chicken, wine, egg white and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat 5 tablespoons oil in wok or skillet. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink. Add pea pods, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir sherry mixture and add to wok. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Turn out onto platter and top with fried almonds. The almond chicken mushroom recipe is ready...great taste !